Try remembering a time you were laughing hard. Did it make you feel good? Were you able to enjoy things and do a lot more when having a good time?
Engaging in a laughter workshop or laughter seminar has been recommended for many employees and organizations. Research shows that encouraging such simple act in the workplace can improve creativity, cooperation and camaraderie.
Other benefits include:
- Calorie burn – laughter is a good exercise for your insiders. It improves blood circulation and increases heart rate. It can also tone your abdominal muscles. According to Dr. William Fry of Stanford University: “Laughing heartily five times a day has the same beneficial effects as ten minutes on a rowing machine.” Imagine having a good time and being your way to a toned and healthy body.
- Immune system – laughter increases production of antibodies. It also decreases cortisol strengthening the immune system.
- Blood sugar – a good round of laughs can reduce blood sugar levels. People with diabetes have reported better blood sugar levels and conditions.
- Cholesterol – a good chuckle can increase your HDL cholesterol. Your body can do a little bit better with more good cholesterol in the system.
- Pain reliever – if you cannot tolerate then a 10-minute worth of laugh should be a good start. According to research, 10 minutes of laughter can reduce as much as two hours of body pain.
These are just some of the ways laughter can help your body. A healthier body is also more resilient to stress giving you a better chance to enjoy yourself, and make the most out of your life – who wouldn’t want that?
Would like to have more laughter in your life and workplace? Get Laughterworks to deliver a laughter session at your workplace or next conference or event. Contact us: email@example.com, or 0438 545 607