Remember the time you were laughing with someone? How about when somebody cracked a joke and that put you in a better mood? Laughing can be one of the best and simplest ways to improve your mood and disposition. Likewise, it can be also one of the best methods to improve camaraderie in your work place – the trust and rapport between people laughing can be very productive.
Laughter exercises help remove people’s inhibitions and reservations. You can have the benefits right now by practising some laughter therapy techniques or laughing exercises. Give these a try …
Before doing the laughing exercises:
- Make sure to warm up.
- Do some stretching and deep breathing exercises.
Laughing exercises to try:
- Greeting laughter –walk around and great each other with a good laugh
- Gradient laughter –start with a smile, then proceed to a chuckle. The laughter degree should increase slowly until the whole room is laughing already. Driving laughter – this is like role playing. Actors if you are behind the wheel and laugh.
- Argument laughter – great in a workplace . Fake arguments with your co-workers, however, instead of the argument escalating to yelling, laugh instead.
- Mobile phone laughter – this is similar to driving laughter. Act as if you are holding a mobile phone. Walk past your colleagues who are also pretend to hold up the phone, and laugh at what your hearing.
- Heart laughter – engage in a simple talk and laugh heartily.
Not game to try doing this on your own? – Call laughterworks and have a professional run your laughter workshop for you: email@example.com, or 0438 545 607